Cedar Stained Outdoor Pavilion
Before Jeffery decided to go with one of our wood pavilions, he was using a cheaper aluminum pavilion. These cheaper structures are easy to get at big box retail stores such as Lowes, Amazon, or Home Depot. The problem Jeffery had was the lack of strength and stability in these outdoor pavilions. It only took a strong gust of wind to blow it over and into his swimming pool. Besides, these light frames give out after a few years. Jeffery was ready to invest in a structure with lower maintenance — a pavilion that would last for years.
Jeffery wanted an outdoor pavilion beside his summer swimming pool. He wanted a pavilion to provide shade from the hot summer sun and a place for his family and friends to relax and enjoy their time together. His previous setup was not working, so he decided to go with one of our quality, lasting pavilions.
Before we sell our gazebos, pergolas, or pavilions, we discuss each customer’s unique tastes and requirements then build to their likings. Even though this outdoor pavilion was not far from a standard project, there are still a lot of features that we did that are special to this job. For example, we used specialty braces to connect each post and beam, designed to accommodate the unique size of the structure. We also added a cupola for special effects, and included an electrical package for their convenience and more.
- 10’L x 18’W x 13’H
- low-slope 7/12 pitch roof
- 2″x6″ rafters, 2′ on center
- rot-resistant pressure-treated #1 southern pine materials
- laminated posts and beams for beauty and to prevent bending and cracking
- curved knee braces on posts
- powder-coated black stainless-steel post anchor brackets
- powder-coated black stainless-steel post to beam brackets
- stainless-steel beam to rafter angle brackets
- 30 year warrantied asphalt shingles
- 2″x6″ rafter cross ties for added roof strength to carry heavy snow load
- 2″x8″ hip rafters for additional strength and to hide ends of 2×6 rafters
- 1″x6″ tongue and groove roof decking for strong roof face and beautiful underside
- doubled 2″x8″ roof ridge pole for roof strength
- tripled 2″x10″ laminated beams for beauty and strength
Special & Custom Features:
- cedar stained finish
- shakewood color shingles
- ornate roof peak cupola for additional character
- nice 12″ overhangs
- luxurious electrical package
- curved knee braces on posts and beams
- aesthetically pleasing 1″x6″ covering ridge pole on underside
- special spearhead design on foundation to post brackets
- specially designed post to beam brackets
Location & Source
This outdoor pavilion is located in New Ringgold, Pennsylvania. We at Lancaster County Backyard designed and manufactured it from the ground up. We built it at our manufacturing facility in Kinzers, PA on South New Holland Road a few miles southeast of Intercourse. Our location on Google Maps.
The Outcome of Building this Outdoor Pavilion
This outdoor pavilion project was one of our favorite jobs. It was a pleasure working with Jeffery and designing his project. He treated us nicely and respected our workers — even providing free pizza! Most of all, we completed the job knowing we had reached our goal of customer satisfaction.
But please, don’t take our word for it — consider Jeffery’s enthusiastic customer review:
After a summer of shopping for a pavilion with many disappointments we thought we would not get our pavilion that is until I had a phone conversation with Kevin. After this conversation with him suddenly I realized that he was not only interested in selling his product, but he wanted to be sure his customer would be happy. In my opinion he would rather not get the sale if his customer would not be happy. He shared information no other companies provided. After careful consideration of all the data we decided go with Lancaster County Backyard (Pequea Shed). Kevin and the crew arrived early Wednesday morning and worked all day to complete the project by around 4:30PM. The end result was absolutely perfect. Total perfection at it’s best!. Kevin and the crew was a real pleasure to work with. You can really tell when someone loves what they do. What I love best is that they love the Lord. I got that feeling with the very first phone call. It’s a pleasure to know you. God Bless !!!!
The conclusion? Jeffery is a happy customer and we are a satisfied builder.