Outdoor dining. A relaxing afternoon outdoors. A paradise in your backyard. You guessed it. Its an Outdoor Kitchen Pavilion. If you, like the idea of expanding your living space to the great outdoors, then this article is for you. From the simplest of pavilions with a grill to the expansive luxury outdoor kitchen pavilion, the options are endless.
Outdoor Kitchen Pavilion: A Definition
Before we go further, lets talk about what we mean by an outdoor kitchen pavilion. An outdoor kitchen pavilion is simply a pavilion with an outdoor kitchen built inside the structure. A pavilion is simply an outdoor structure with a roof and no walls, usually situated in the backyard. This gives you a great place to enjoy the outdoors with plenty of shade and a nice breeze. Add an outdoor kitchen to your pavilion and tada. You’ve got yourself an outdoor kitchen pavilion.
The purpose of an outdoor kitchen pavilion is to create an inviting and functional space for outdoor cooking and entertaining while also providing protection from the elements.
Outdoor Kitchen Pavilion: Advantages & Disadvantages
So what are the advantages or benefits of having a pavilion with a kitchen?
Increased living and entertaining space:
One of the advantages of having an outdoor kitchen pavilion is how it expands your living space by blending the interior of your home and the great outdoors. An outdoor kitchen pavilion provides the perfect space for entertaining guests, hosting outdoor parties, and enjoying a BBQ with friends and family.
Improved home value and curb appeal:
Having an outdoor pavilion with a kitchen can increase the value of your property. An outdoor kitchen is a sought-after feature for many homebuyers, and can make your home stand out from the rest.
An outdoor kitchen pavilion provides the opportunity to cook outside, which can be enjoyable during warm weather. Additionally, outdoor cooking can help keep cooking smells and heat outside rather than inside the house.
Enjoy the outdoors:
An outdoor kitchen pavilion allows you to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors while still having the convenience of a functional kitchen space.
With a kitchen pavilion, you have the opportunity to customize and design your backyard space to fit your personal style and needs, creating a unique and personalized space that is ideal for you!
Outdoor Kitchen Pavilion: Styles
Pavilions can be constructed from a number of different products or materials. Most pavilions are constructed of either vinyl, traditional wood, or the elegant timber frame. The type of material you choose for you outdoor kitchen pavilion will depend on the style you want your backyard space to have.
Timber Frame Pavilions
A Timber Frame pavilion is the perfect solution for a rustic and elegant structure. Timber Framing has been around for centuries and is still one of the best forms of construction. The mortise and tenon joinery makes for a structure that is both extremely sturdy and as durable as they come.
Modern Vinyl Pavilions
The vinyl pavilions offer a modern twist on this incredible backyard structure. All the posts are wrapped with quality vinyl. With multiple design options available, these modern vinyl pavilions offer not only an incredible building but lots of potential for an outdoor kitchen pavilion. Check out the stunning Caribbean pavilion.
Traditional Wood Pavilions
For a practical and affordable outdoor kitchen pavilion, a wood pavilion is a great option. Built with solid 6×6 or 8×8 posts and some beautiful bracing, along with a shingle roof or optional metal roof upgrade. Check out the Lakeview pavilion for a straightforward version or the Cheyenne pavilion for a large overhang and steeper roof pitch.
Outdoor Kitchen Pavilion: Appliances and Amenities
What you add to your pavilion is truly what makes or breaks the design. An outdoor kitchen pavilion is a great place to have your favorite grill, firepit, or pizza oven. The details of what you want in your outdoor kitchen is completely up to you. When designing your outdoor kitchen pavilion, it’s important to consider the appliances and amenities that will make it functional and enjoyable.
- Grill: A grill is one of the most popular and enjoyable ways of cooking outdoors. With countless options to choose from, you’ll be sure to find the perfect grill for your pavilion.
- Pizza Oven: A pizza oven is a great addition to your outdoor kitchen. Combine it with a countertop and enjoy an evening of making and eating your favorite pizza.
- Fireplace or Firepit: A fireplace and chimney in a pavilion create a space for people to gather.
- Lighting & Electrical: As the sun sets, you’ll want to make sure the party continues. Running electrical to your outdoor kitchen pavilion opens up a whole new world of opportunities. Having power at the pavilion makes it possible to plug in any of your small appliances or fans. In addition, having proper lighting in your pavilion allows you to create the ambiance you want.
- TV: To take your entertainment to the next level, consider adding a TV to the corner of your pavilion. Entertain in style without missing any of the action.
- Seating: Whether you have a bar area with seating, or an outdoor sofa area, having a place for you, your family, and your friends to sit is an important part of any pavilion design.
- Countertop: For a complete outdoor kitchen pavilion experience, you’ll want to add some counter space. Because it’s outdoors, be sure to use the appropriate material, like granite or other stone.
- Bar or Island: An island or bar provides some flow to your pavilion kitchen floorplan. It also gives you a workspace or a place to pull up a bar chair.
- Sink: A sink in your outdoor kitchen will make time in your pavilion all the more enjoyable. Including a sink will also require plumbing to be run to your pavilion.
- Refrigerator: A refrigerator or minifridge is a great addition to your pavilion kitchen. Keep all your food and drinks nice and cold and ready for you to enjoy.
- Ice maker: An ice maker in your outdoor kitchen keeps you from needing to run to the house all the time.
Outdoor Kitchen Pavilion: Conclusion
Imagine a pavilion that includes a fully equipped kitchen with high-end appliances, ample counter space, and storage for all your cooking essentials. The open-air design allows plenty of natural light and fresh air, creating a welcoming atmosphere for family and friends. Elevate your outdoor living experience with the kitchen pavilion – the perfect space for cooking, dining, and socializing, especially during the warmer months of the year.